- Only Solution in Market That Provides Second Factor of Authentication (2FA) At Protocol Level
Innefu Labs, a research oriented information security group and a developer of niche & innovative cyber security solutions, today announced the availability of Innefu Authshield 2FA, a unique two factor authentication solution that uses a protocol level decoding engine to offer enhanced protection to personal and business information stored digitally on personal devices or at onsite, remote or cloud based systems.
“Most IT users generally prefer to protect their digital information using a single factor of authentication (User Name and Password) and often use the same password to login to multiple applications,” says Tarun Wig, Founder, Innefu Labs, ”No wonder, a majority of hacking attacks are aimed at stealing user login credentials to access victim’s email, web apps, VPN accounts or to carry out fraudulent activities such as stealing online banking credentials, credit card information, debit card pins, etc.” he added.
Key features and Benefits –
Innefu Authshield 2FA solution uses dual mode of identification where along with the user id and password of the user, verification is also done through a secure randomly generated one time password (OTP) or a challenge response mechanism using PUSH Notification protocol. The OTP is generated automatically and provided to the user through multiple form factors including Hard Token, Mobile Push, Mobile Token, Soft Token, SMS Token and Voice Token. An organization can easily mix and match and choose specific form factors for different users.
- Enhanced Protection – for SAP, VPN, Remote Server Login, Web Applications, Windows login, Corporate Email, ERP solutions, Cloud Infrastructure
- Wide Support – AuthShield authentication server supports all the form factors and allows users the flexibility to shift from one form factor to another
- Safe & Transparent – Entire authentication process is transparent where the primary password of the user is never visible to AuthShield server. AuthShield server only receives the user name and one time password thereby ensuring users privacy
- Flexible & Fast- AuthShield 2FA can be integrated with multiple integration points including VPN, Web applications, Unix / SSH, corporate mail, desktop mail clients etc in less than thirty minutes
- Reliable – AuthShield 2FA uses its multiple servers hosted around the world to ensure fail over and High Availability across the client spectrum. The servers are hosted by ISO 27001 certified data centers with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
Patent Pending Technology –
“Most multi-factor authentication solutions available in the market today are dependent on end point applications for integration,” says Tarun Wig, Founder, Innefu Labs, “ While VPN and Firewall vendors have made provisions for 2FA, most other application vendors have not made any such provision in their programs thereby providing a backdoor to hackers to get in” he added.
Innefu AuthShield integrates second factor of authentication (2FA) using a protocol decoding mechanism. This is a patent pending technology which integrates 2FA at a protocol level rather than integrating the solution at client end interfaces. The integration at protocol level ensures that AuthShield can be integrated in even those applications which do not inherently provide support for 2FA including SAP, Microsoft Exchange, Oracle communication messaging servers, Database Queries etc.
Designed to Secure
- Corporate Email – In the recent past, hackers have started targeting the business mail ID’s of senior representatives. While most webmail interfaces provide options for integrating 2FA, there is no provision to integrate 2FA for mail clients such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook express or mail clients available in smart phones. Innefu AuthShield’s unique protocol decoding engine directly integrates 2FA with any mail server such as Microsoft exchange, IBM Lotus Domino, Oracle Communication Messaging servers, or any of the multiple mail servers using POP / POPS / IMAP / IMAPS protocols.
- SAP ERP – Most of the SAP breaches are caused due to a single factor of authentication used by clients to log into SAP. Innefu AuthShield 2FA maps the physical identity of the user to the server and increases the security of financial and other critical systems running on SAP.
- VPN – Although, VPN technology ensures the privacy of data transmission over public domain by creating an encrypted “tunnel” through the public network, it does not protect unauthorized access to the organization’s assets. A simple username and password is used to protect the access to VPNs. So, information that is secure while in transit may just be ending up in the wrong hands at its final destination. Innefu AuthShield 2FAcan be easily integrated with multiple VPN variants as it is designed to work with RADIUS Protocol as well as LDAP and Active Directory Repositories. Integrating with AuthShield two-factor Authentication Solution reduces the risk of Identity Fraud can protect both SSL and IPSEC VPN variants.
- Remote Server Login – Protecting remote server logins with strong two-factor authentication is the easiest and most cost-effective way to secure enterprise infrastructure against today’s cyber threats. Innefu AuthShield 2FA makes it easy to deploy two-factor authentication across enterprise server infrastructure.
- Web Applications – Sensitive information is provided to the enterprise stake-holders through multiple web applications. Conventional user name, password authentication is no longer sufficient to stop this information from getting compromised. Innefu 2FA Web API can be easily integrated with multiple web applications developed in any technology (.Net, JSP, PHP, Ruby on Rails etc.). Custom plugins are available for third party applications where standard API’s cannot be used or integrated.
- Cloud Infrastructure – As cloud computing continues to expand and revolutionize business, the need to consider security around cloud applications is evermore paramount. Passwords are considered weakest link in security in Cloud Infrastructure. When a user logs into a cloud app, they are redirected to Innefu AuthShield 2FA system where they must authenticate. If the authentication is successful, the user is redirected to their Cloud app where access is granted.